Desert Springs Christian Academy acknowledges that God has bestowed upon parents the responsibility of training their children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6). The academy exists to assist parents in this command by providing a classical Christ-centered educational program for the children of those who are committed to a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant, Word of God. (II Tim. 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the Creator of all things and is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. (Deut. 6:4; Gen. 1:1, Deut.6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, I John 5:7)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33), in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), in His miracles (John 2:11), in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and in His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (John 3:3-8) Man is justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only God’s grace and through faith are we saved. (John 3:16-19, Romans 3:23, 5:8).
5. We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of condemnation. (I Thes. 4:16,17; II Thes. 1:9)
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Gal. 5:16)
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 17:20-23)